Friday, October 24, 2008

See You at the Pole 2008

See You at the Pole was September 24.

Vista, California

On a foggy coastal September morning, I was wondering if any students would show at Vista High for See You At the Pole.
Driving onto the school campus, I saw only one student praying at their flagpole. I felt a little discouraged until I spotted Jeremiah and a friend carrying a guitar and drum box. As we approached the flagpole more students gathered.
After doing a few worship songs the circle was silent. Everyone looked a little confused about what to do next. Then Jeremiah started praying for his school. Tears formed in my eyes as one by one, other students prayed until almost 50 students, teachers, parents and youth pastors joined the circle
Afterwards, I shared with Jeremiah how proud I was of him for taking the initiative. He said he was a little nervous but decided to step out and lead.
As I drove away, the fog started to clear and so did my vision. God is using students like Jeremiah to pray for their schools around the world. –Kevin Boer

No comments:

Post a Comment